Sunday, September 6, 2009

Discovering the Secret of Pudu "Siew Yoke"


On a bright Sunday today, the five of us made our way to discover Pudu's best kept "siew yoke" or Roasted pork. This place is notorious for its parking, and hence we set out at 11.30am from Puchong, despite the fact that this outlet will only start selling at 12.30 pm as stated.

We ordered 3 strips of the roast pork, each costing RM13.50. When it came, the serving was quite SMALL
for our BIG appetite.







So, we order another strip. All in all, we ordered 4 st rips of roast pork, one strip of barbecue pork ("char siew") and a plate of roast chicken for 2 pax.














The best thing about the roast pork here is that the skin was crunchy, but the meat was tender. The fat layer practically melts in my mouth, giving one the overall satisfaction as it went down our throats!!

The condiment that came well with the meat was the chilli sauce. The soup is on the house, but self-service of course. The free soup was rather disappointing, anyway, although I noticed my husband seemed to enjoy it!



I could not help noticing there was a "blown-up" mock cheque of RM30,000 -- an evidence that the owner, Robert Wong has a charity heart.

Wait a minute !! On second thought, if one scrutinised the cheque, I could not help thinking it as "fake" (just look at the cheque number, "Rich Club", etc). Is this just a gimmick to console the customers that part of the profit he is making goes to charity?? Perhaps!


Our bill came to RM98 plus. Although the roast pork taste good, I am not sure it is worth every ringgit. But one thing is sure -- the plates are really clean, and Lim surely had a hearty meal....


It is definitely a rather expensive meal!!! I don't think I will go back to this outlet (Wong Kee), at least for a short duration.

And, I would probably stick to my regular Roast Pork from Puteri Mart, at least for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment