Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Holiday Adventure in Shanghai - Day 1

Sharon decided to come along with me to Shanghai, despite the hint that I will be putting up at my sis modest apartment. Furthermore, travelling will of course with the kids! I think my sis is so bored in Shanghai so much so that she can't wait to see us at her home!!



Oops...Sharon actually travelled one-day earlier as she got her dates mixed up. So, I shall be meeting her at my sis apartment on 23 April 2009.




Upon touching down at Shanghai Pudong airport, I head towards Yanlord Garden, Pudong where I put up with my sister and of course spent some time with my little Kai yan.

This is shot was taken from the balcony of my sister’s apartment.


Very nice place to live in.


Our first place to visit was the Xinyang market (a.ka. Fake Market), which is situated inside the underground metro station. Here, I was fascinated by the number of things that they sell - Fake watches, bags, shirts, shoes, gifts, electronics, etc.





Of course, we have to bargain hard here - sometimes only to pay a third of their original asking price.
One vendor just gave in to my sister's bargain -- praised her, but implied she must be from Singapore!


I guess they may have encountered some "kedekut" Singaporean tourists before this.





Obviously, I had my share of fun to go along with what most people do when they come to this place -- fancy of making a tailor-made suit.

Here I can choose the design and fabric I fancy and get the tailors to make the suit according to my requirements.


Damn cheap -- Less than RM200 for a suit. Of course, I made just one - unsure of the quality. But after trying it out at home, I kinda like the pants. Will ask my sister's help to make a few more suits later.



After hours of shopping, our legs are failing us. That's when I discover that I have not eaten since last night's early dinner.

So, it is lunch time and to savour the Shanghai cuisine.
Off, we go to a nice mall (see photo on left) for lunch.



















Look out for the next postings ---- what we had for dinner on Day 1!











































































No comments:

Post a Comment