Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 2 - Dinner at Crystal Jade

Although tired, we decided to go out for a quick bite. After all, this is the only dinner that we have in Hangzhou.

Furthermore, how can I miss the "Tung Po" meat, which Hanzhou is famous for. Here are a few shots of what we had for dinner that nite.

Crystal Jade is a very cosy and the ambience is very nice. Here is a shot of the indoor garden where I was sitted.





The food that we ordered were as follows:

1. Appetiser - radish (very crunchy, but a bit sourish)
2. Lotus root filled with glutinous rice. Something very extraordinary, but it is too sweet to my liking.




3. The vegetable soup was superb. The vegetable I believe is being coated with potato starch or tang min flour that make its texture very special - crunchy

4. Tung poh meat - something we should not miss. It was wonderfully fat -- too much to Sharon's liking. But I enjoyed it very much!






We ordered another chicken dish for Jing Ven, but unfortunately it was a bit hot for her. That's why she was showing her tantrums that nite.

1 comment:

  1. My family would love the Tung Po meat, melt in the out fatty pork.
    Suanne

    ReplyDelete