Sunday, January 16, 2011

THE BEGINING OF A NEW DECADE - 2011

I have just realized that I have not been putting anything on my blog since August 2010.  I really don't have any excuses, except that I have been putting in lots of efforts in my studies and assignments.  Little did I realize that it is now a new decade - its 2011.

I must emphasized here that the few months before the last decade ended have been quite rewarding for me.  I'm proud to learn and re-learn some new theories in management.  I know nuts about accounting and finance, but I'm proud to say that I've passed with A's in these two subjects.  Prof. Sarma has been a source of inspiration last semester.  I admired this 70+ professor, whom I tagged "quicker than my calculator".  Finance class was so interesting with him...it would be good if any one of us can turn out to be the next Modigliani with another irrelevance theory!  Probably, the most likely one would be Prince Guneratnam a.k.a Jim, but unfortunately he is not majoring in Finance!!

I scored A in Marketing Management, but I'm still puzzled how I managed to do this especially when I screwed up in the Gillette case study. I'm still disappointed with what I have written in the final exam.  I must confessed that my performance on that day was somehow affected by my 'negativitty' --- I really don't like the product which I'm almost distantly related to!  It is somehow different from the cases which I had enjoyed doing such as Ikea, Kiwi Experience, Starbucks, McDonalds, and Barbie.  Perhaps the consolation is my marketing plan project on Ogawa that had saved me (thanks to a lot of explanation provided my my sis-in-law).

Getting excellent 4.0 flat for two consecutive semesters added more pressure this semester.  But, I'm looking forward to the paper on Ethics & Values in Management.  I'm already thinking of a case that I could write --- something I need to get out of my chest for some time.  Or, perhaps I could reserve this for the Unirazak Case Studies Vol 3.  Oh, yes, I'm also proud that my case on sugar subsidy which was written for Economic was finally printed on Volume 2.  Thanks for Prof. Syed Omar, who has been giving me lots of motivation....and I think I will continue writing with more passion. I'm working on the next case on palm oil subsidy. I do hope that other cases written by the others would get printed...at least I could see a little part of my work (in preparing the questions & answers) bear some fruits!

My post would not be complete without saying a few words about my classmates, i.e. Azwan, Zahrain, Tyron, Amani, Iman and Jim.   You gals and guys are great company, and thanks for sharing in the study group.  Rather sad that one young lady finally dropped out of the programme last semester, don't know the real reason, but could be probably she could not cope with studying while working.  I know it is tough when do both, but I do hope to see Mirza again in at least one of the classes.

I have to start thinking of my project now, but I just could not think of any idea yet.  I am clueless now if I'm thinking of a topic that would stands out.  I wWould like to do something which is out of my comfort zone, like HRM or even Finance.....anyone out there can help me........please!

No comments:

Post a Comment