Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School at 46 !

I am a determined person and work hard to perform my best.  So, going back to the books after such a long, long time can be very intimidating.  Like other students, I of course have my fair share of testophobia- fear of taking exams.  Not really fear of failing the tests but fear of not getting the BEST RESULTS!  Let's face the facts - at 46, your brain can works relatively slower when compared to younger brains. Mind you, I wonder whether my brain could still function in an academic setting after such a long time.


But, exams @Unirazak are just over, phew!!  What a relief, and I can enjoy my 3-week break and re-charged. I had found the experience so far very energizing and rewarding --  even it is just 3 months.  What's the best part thus far?

Well, being back in school has been a refreshing experience.  For a start, my class was small. I am the oldest person in the class, with most silver hair!  I definitely don't want to be seen as an old lady sitting in with the trendy 20+ or early 30+ year olds.  And I am glad they treat me just another fellow classmate.....with some of them addressing me as "Big sis".  I hope it is out of respect rather than being treated as "senior" or "mama"! 

During the semester, I was included in conversations --- about World Cup and everything from coursework.  As a returning “older” student, I never felt out of place. I enjoyed the interaction with my classmates and also with our professors

I felt alive and full of new enthusiasm.  I have renewed my confidence.  I have more confidence in my abilities. And since Knowledge has no limits, I am ready to learn new things and explore new possibilities. 


I definitely look forward to the next semester.  See you in  3 weeks time. 
Happy holidays, my dear friends

No comments:

Post a Comment