Saturday, August 8, 2009

For A Satisfying Work Life...

The journey of working life to me is much like preparing for a journey. If I know where I want to go, I will plan the best route to arrive there quickly and safely. My career is where I have spent most of my life, and there are uphill and downhill (less!!) journeys over the years. But, I have been lucky enough to find a career that suits me, fit my passion and of course utilises my skills.
Making a good career choice is tough but the decision depends on asking myself some questions - and of course - being honest about them. Today, marks a very important day as it has been exactly three months that I left MPOC - the place that I thought would retire at.
You see we may plan our career as such, but at some point in our lives, I feel that there are something which are already planned for you (fated, I mean).

As "Fate" provides me the opportunity, it also provides a platform for me to ask myself some questions very honestly:
  1. Am I earning what I believe I deserve? - Yes
  2. Am I satisfied with what I'm doing now? - Probably not, too little maybe.
  3. What do I feel passionate about? -Doing my job perfectly well, with no regrets
  4. Is there anything substantial stopping me from moving/advancing further? - Of course, my gratuity!
  5. What could make me happier? - Doing something different with more responsibilities
So, with those honest answers, I follow the "Fate". And that leads me to where I am today.
The moral of the story...

There is no Right or Wrong route in a journey. Your friends may say that you have taken a wrong route. How wrong they are!
The journey is decided by us, whether it is a short or long route, who cares as long as the journey itself is a good experience, a memorable one and a journey that we enjoy. Remember, if we are 'tired' or 'lost', just stop at any "R&R" or ask for advice, and keep continue the JOURNEY.........

No comments:

Post a Comment