Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Sad Moment

At about 3.30 am this morning, I received an SMS that my 2nd uncle has passed on. Though I was sad, my Buddhist mind leads me to think that he has good karma to passed on this way. I just can't bear to see him entering the next phase of suffering in the days ahead like any other cancer patients.

When I visited him at the UKM Hospital on 5 July, I was prepared to see a very sick man just like someone I knew (see this blog http://ce5nt.blogspot.com/). But, fortunately, he looks fine and in my mind, I knew it was his karma and all the good deeds that he may have done when he's capable.


I really admire this self-made man. He has worked very hard all his life, and whatever fortune he has accumulated, it was all from his sheer hard long hours and much sweat. The kids should be very proud of him and indebted because he made sure that they have good education, a very comfortable house to live in, and any other dreams that any kids would dream off.

But, in April last year, the nice world seemed to have "crumble" down for the family when he discovered he had lung cancer. But in October 2008, he looks just fine when he came to my parents house during my father's birthday celebration.  I had the opportunity to just snap two photos of him, which I believe are the last two I have.
Like any C patients, he had to go thru the usual path, but more painful would definitely his immediate family members, particularly his wife. 




Such episode in anyone's life always send a strong message to me. It was urge me to look at another perspective of life, when I'm down.  "Always treasure our life and live it the fullest". Whatever small quarrels we had, whatever misunderstanding we had, whatever discontentment we had, we have to let them go....There's a lot of people who wanted to live their lives happily, but they didn't have the chance to do so.

So, I must appreciate all my family members whenever I have them. I must appreciate my journey of life, and live every moments of the path...
May he Rest in Peace...
May all suffering ends...
And May we ALL be well and happy

No comments:

Post a Comment